Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
The "F5-T" (Tradition) was totally redesigned in 2013.... and is even more impressive for 2014.
Scroll through (9) photos by using the "triangles" at the top & bottom of the vertical row of images.
Photos show 2103 version (until I update to 2014). See "specs" below for differences.
Click a photo once to select.
Click a 2nd time to enlarge.
Click a 3rd time to zoom in.
The "F5-T" is built just like it's sister, the "F5-S" (Special), except with less fancy trim and less flame in the maple.
Subtracting these features make it more affordable ... but certainly does not affect tone, volume, or playability!!
The "F5-T"s price includes an Arched Top Hardshell Case with "Tweed" exterior & Red Plush interior.
Photos of available "F5-T" models (here in the shop) can be emailed to you for cosmetic decision making...
But I will always recommend the one that best fits your tonal needs, even if it is not the one you preferred cosmetically.
"F5-T" model features:
• Solid Carved European Spruce Top
• Solid Carved Maple Back
• Solid Canadian Maple Sides
• Solid Canadian Maple Neck
• Vintage Profile Tone-Bar Bracing
• Dot Fretboard Inlays
• Unique Headstock Decor
• Single-ply Ivory Binding
• Genuine Bone Corners
• Genuine Bone Nut
• Nut Width = 28.75 mm (+/-)
• Neck @ 1st Fret = 29.20 mm (+/-)
• Wilkinson "J-105C" Tuners
• Black Tuner Buttons
• .080″ Frets
• Radiused Ebony Fretboard
• Radiused Ebony Adjustable Bridge
• Ebony End Pin
• Nickel Hardware
• Adjustable dual-Action Truss-Rod
• Traditional Tailpiece
• D’Addario “J-74″ strings
• Colors: Sunburst -or- Black-Top
• Nitrocellulose Lacquer = Satin -or- Gloss
OPTIONS (Prices at time of order):
• Allen Solid Tailpiece = $100.
• K&K "Mandolin-Twin" Internal Pickup System = $175. installed
Voicing, fit, finish, & detail work on JBovier "F5-T"s equal or surpass more famous mandolin brands in much higher price-ranges.
Each is custom labeled and personally set up when ordered, so they will not have a "generic" or "factory" set-up.